THE MOST DELICIOUS!! SWISS STEAK

THE BEST!! SWISS STEAK
THE BEST!! SWISS STEAK

Swiss steak is tender and delicious. Interestingly enough, the dish is not Swiss. The process used to tenderize it is referred to as swissing. This means that it is pounded in order to tenderize it. I love swiss steak served up with a side order of mashed potatoes with the juices from the steak spooned over them. Watch the video and give this delicious dish a try.

WHAT IS SWISS STEAK?
Swiss steak is a method of slow-cooking a relatively tough cut of beef, such as a round steak. The meat is browned, and then braised in a tomato sauce.

According to The American Century Cookbook, recipes first starting showing up for Swiss steak in the 1930s. Reynolds Wrap Aluminum popularized it in the late 40s by promoting the recipe as a use for its foil. Their recipe had you line a roasting pan with foil and cook the steak in the oven. (Ours below is done on the stovetop.)

The “Swiss” in Swiss Steak has nothing to do with Switzerland, but refers to the process of tenderizing a tough cut of meat. The recipe below is my mother’s method for making Swiss Steak.
Source:
THE BEST!! SWISS STEAK


Oliver Shultz
Spaghetti Sauce, Now that's a new twist. Will have to give it a try.
TheCooknShare
Oh thanks for trying. We love it too, I brought it for my snack too..:=)
TheCooknShare
Believe me, its worth it. The beef comes out so tender.
smoke10108
Oh that look so good! I am so going to try this. Thank you so much for posting this. :)
TheCooknShare
I hope it came out as good as ours!
TheCooknShare
Thanks, give it a try.:-)
Fred Sandford
7 tahun yang lalu
great recippee I will try it this week
Pamela Kelly
Great video!!!  Thanks for sharing!!!  Going to try this recipe and see what my husband thinks... wish me luck!  I subscribed a long time ago.... keep up the great work!
Elizabeth Shaw
I remember when I was a young girl shopping with my mother in the meat cabinet cube steak was labeled swissed steak.:-)
Dina Bangla Fashion at Facebook
yammmiiiii
Bonnie Cotman
Excellent. Can't wait to try it.
myrlande jeudy
going to try it.
Arturo Martinez
Making it today 😉
JewelsFromVenus
Just surfed about 5 swiss steak videos and yours is best! I always thought swiss steak called for the green pepper but found only 2 that had actually added it! I made a pot of homemade spaghetti sauce so I can use that too..TY sir,  I'm so glad I found your vid!!


LihatTutupKomentar