THE BEST RUSTIC CHICKEN WITH GARLIC GRAVY




In the mood for chicken with gravy? This delicious, one-pan, Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy fits the bill perfectly and is a garlic lover’s dream dinner! You’ll want to bust out the mashed potatoes to soak up every bit of this fabulous gravy!

This one-pan, chicken with gravy dinner is so delicious, you’re sure to make it a regular in your household! The chicken is moist and browned and the gravy is rich and full of garlic. Twenty cloves worth! But you’d never know it, because the garlic too gets browned and softened and changes into sweet bits of flavour, much like the beautiful mellow flavour of roasted garlic.

If you’re like me, the thought of separating and peeling the 20 cloves of garlic for this recipe isn’t super appealing. I picked up a bag of the pre-separated and peeled cloves at the grocery store for about $1. Money well spent, if you ask me :) And again, don’t worry that you won’t be able to leave the house for days after eating this. Like roasted garlic, this garlic becomes very mellow. You’ll know it’s there, but it won’t knock you (or anyone else) over.

As for the chicken, any cut will do. I used thighs here and I like skin-on for a more moist chicken, but skinless will work. Sadly, the skin on my thighs stuck a lot when I was cooking them this time. I think I rushed it and my oil wasn’t as hot as it should be, so I guess that’s a tip to make sure your oil is almost smoking hot before adding your skin-on chicken to it. It will look prettier if the skin actually stays on the chicken, but even if it doesn’t, the skin still cooks in with the dish, so the flavour and crispy bits are still there. I scooped them out with the chicken pieces, so they didn’t burn when the garlic was cooking.

Adapted From:
THE BEST RUSTIC CHICKEN WITH GARLIC GRAVY





Cook’s Notes for Rustic Chicken with Garlic Gravy
You’ll want serve this with something on the side to make the most of the delicious garlic gravy. My choice is usually a creamy mashed potato, but pasta or rice would also be nice.

At the risk of carb overload, I’d even through a great crusty bread in to the mix, to dip in the gravy. Add a salad or veg for a complete meal. I love green beans or broccoli with this dish.

I like to always brown up my skin-on chicken in a non-stick skillet. I’ve found it to be a foolproof method of keeping the skin on and getting it beautifully golden! Simply heat a bit of oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the skin-on chicken, skin side down and allow to cook until deep golden, before flipping. Don’t rush it, this may take as much as 8-10 minutes depending on the size. Move the chicken around in the pan once in a while, to ensure even browning. Since my non-stick pan isn’t oven-proof, I will just transfer the works to an ovenproof skillet for the oven part. Yes, it’s one more pan to wash, but it’s non-stick so clean-up is easy and I never have to worry about getting all that the lovely chicken skin stuck to the pan :)

LihatTutupKomentar